For many reasons, including the popular modern movies that have come to pervade theaters, students LOVE to learn about and read folktales! Why not satisfy the multicultural literature standards by providing students with an opportunity to read what they can so easily connect and relate to?
This comprehensive lesson package includes:
- A 19 Slide, fully editable PPT presentation that introduces students to folklore as a genre, as well as the different types of folktales.
- Detailed teacher notes for each PPT slide that include word definitions, examples, and discussion prompts to keep students engaged throughout the presentation
- A reflective journal assignment that leads into a small group share activity and a "Ticket Out The Door"
- A 13 Question Multiple Choice and Matching Quiz on the concepts covered in the PPT
Together, these materials create a comprehensive and creative introductory lesson to kick off a unit on folktales. Thoroughly enlighten, engage, and connect to your students by introducing multicultural literature through a lens that they can easily understand, accept, and appreciate.
CCSS Skills Alignment for grades 6-12:
- Multicultural Literature
- Small Group Collaboration
- Expository/Informational Writing
- Domain Specific Vocabulary
You Might Also Like:
Cinderella Tales from Around the World: A Multicultural Unit
Keywords: folklore, genre study, folktales, fairytale, multicultural literature, myths, legends, oral narratives, Grimm Brothers