This product is designed to be used with Google Drive or Google Classroom. Perfect for 1:1 classrooms and going paperless! This assignment will teach your students the ins and outs of Google Slides and it is a great way to create a positive classroom community.
Students will first work in small groups, using the websites provided, to research one of the Famous Five. After organizing their research on the interactive Google Slides document, students will display their knowledge in a Google Slides presentation. Finally, each group will present to the class and the audience members will take notes on the provided digital organizer. In this manner, each student will learn about one member of the Famous Five in detail and will get an overview of the other four.
What is Included?
• PDF version of the presentation requirements
I like to print this and have my students keep it in their technology duotang for easy reference.
Alternatively, you could easily upload it to Google Drive or Google Classroom and share it with your students.
• Editable PowerPoint version of the presentation requirements (so that you can modify it for your students)
•Note: the requirements are also in the Google Slides presentation which is NOT editable. If you choose to change the requirements, simply delete this slide from the presentation before showing it to your students.
• Google Slides Presentation that walks students through the process of creating their own presentation. (I like to show this presentation on the SMART board and we walk through each step together. Then I share it with my students so that they can access it if they forget how to do something.
• Google Slides Sample Presentation Template for Teacher Use (Make your own Google Slides presentation to show students! This will help them to get to know you and will act as a sample for their work. You will be able to add your own images and words to this template in order to customize it for your own needs!)
By completing this activity, not only will your students learn more about each other, they will also learn and practice the following skills:
•opening Google Drive
•creating a new Google Slides Document
•naming a document
•creating new slides
•adding text boxes
•changing font style, colour and shape
•changing the order of objects
•changing the size of images and shapes
•changing the colour of shapes
•incorporating images from their own Google Drive
•incorporating images found using the search function
•changing the slide background
Note: In order to use the hyperlinks that take you to the Google Drive product, it is best to open the PDF document in Adobe Reader. You can download the program for free if you don't already have it!
This product contains Canadian spelling of words such as colour. If you require American spelling, please email me and I would be happy to send it to you.
Don’t forget to check out my other Google Products!
Canadian History PowerPoint Presentation and Digital Notes
The Famous Five Digital Rapid Research Project
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the Q&A section and don’t forget to check out the preview!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and
leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you
feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your
feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your
classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and
click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive email updates
about Chocolate Covered Classroom Creations! ☺