**1st of 3 PowerPoint’s from the 19th Century Imperialism Unit
13 slide power point covers:
- The major economic & social reasons for the development of imperialism by the industrialized nations of Europe & eventually Japan
- A rundown of the major events that lead to imperialism in Asia & Africa
- An overview of the major beneficial effects of Imperialism on the un-industrialized world
- An overview of the major negative aspects of Imperialism on the un-industrialized world
- An overview of the major long-term effects of Imperialism that have shaped the world we live in today
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- Blank map of the Eastern hemisphere (Europe/Africa/Asia) for students to shade/fill in
- Photographs, graphics, political cartoons and maps placed throughout PowerPoint to support learning of complex concepts
- 4 "Check for Understanding" (ongoing assessment) slides utilizing questions from actual past Regents Exams
- 5 guided (scaffolded) written response questions assessing understanding of important concepts related to 18th & 19th century imperialism
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
PLEASE Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings, activities, and assessments that I use with my classes attached. All support materials match up with the ppt. presentation to provide depth to your lessons!
***Intended for use in Global History classrooms in preparation for the New York State Global Regents & Geography Exam***