Also included in
- This Mega Regulation Bundle is perfect for that person who is feeling defeated. Who wants to help their children and students feel more regulated. Who is feeling frustrated and wants more support. Is your child or students struggling to manage their emotions and big feelings? Do you wish you knew mo$20.48$22.75Save $2.27
Are you struggling with students who are having trouble focusing and calming their bodies? Do you wish you knew more about self-regulation tools and strategies, sensory processing, and how to help your students be more successful in school? After reading this guide written by an Occupational Therapist, you’ll feel prepared to handle more classroom behaviors and be more confident in your ability to regulate your students.
I created An OT’s Guide to Regulation in the Classroom to support teachers, mental health staff, therapists, and other OTs. A student can not learn if they are dysregulated and you can’t teach if there are disruptions occurring throughout your lessons or therapy sessions. This guide begins by teaching school staff how to identify when and why a student is dysregulated and how to suggest specific regulation strategies and tools to support an optimal state for learning.
This 30+ page, no fluff guide is written by an Occupational Therapist. We are experts in regulation, sensory processing, and looking at the whole child. That means looking at multiple factors to help you decide the perfect tool for your students.
- Commonly used definitions
- 36 links to preferred regulation tools to use in the school
- Education on low and high arousal behaviors to understand beginning signs of dysregulation
- Alerting and calming activities to facilitate a just right state
- Components that can impact regulation
- Our 8 sensory systems broken down into observable behaviors to help us identify their impact on regulation
- Strategies for modifying the environment and organizing a students personal space
- A look at adapted seating (when and how to use it)
- Appropriate regulation tools (with links) for the classroom vs. Individual setting
- Education on oral tools and regulation garments,
- When and how to utilize heavy work and breathwork
Putting it all together:
- How to teach the child how to utilize the strategies
- Quick Reference Decision-Making Guide
Don't forget to add the Data Collection and Quick Reference Decision Making Handout
If you are looking for support at home, please check this out: An OT's Guide to Regulation at Home
Please consider leaving feedback for this product! It means so much to me and it helps you earn FREE products! For every review you leave, you earn 1 credit point towards a future purchase. Go to “My Purchases” to leave a review! Thank you in advance!
To access my website freebie vault with classroom activities, educational resources click here: FREEBIE VAULT
Please email me with any questions: Hello@TheWellBalancedOT.com
If you want to learn more about OT, classroom activities, and free resources follow me on Instagram @The.Well.Balanced.OT