This preparation by Creative Works is based on the short story by Shirley Jackson - An Ordinary Day with Peanuts. The preparation has the following components -
1. Preview Questions of the short story ( 4 long answer questions) - your students can try to infer about the story before they read it with these questions.
2. KWL charts for the story.
3. Analysis Worksheets for the story plot. ( Answer Key)
4. Analysis Worksheets for the story plot. ( Blanks)
5. Character Sketch questions about the main character in the story.
6. Reading Comprehension Quiz/ Test/ Exam ( blanks) - 10 multiple choice questions, 20 short and long answer questions
7. Character Sketch ( Answer Key)
8. Reading Comprehension Quiz/ Test/ Exam - Answer Key
This preparation will help you teach this interesting short story and assess your students. You can use the preparation to form literature circles/ guided reading lessons/ summative assessments or for lesson preparation.
The preparation conveniently meets the requirements of the Common Core Standards and has various elements of Blooms Taxonomy.