Learn about U.S. geography; including major landmarks, geographical locations, and famous places are covered with great visuals and easy to understand text. with this adapted and interactive U.S. Geography book for use in speech-language therapy or special education; or to differentiate within your class.
• 25 pg. book adapted for students who need to use visual cues and/or picture based communication,
• 2 different communication boards, (20 & 32 symbols)
• more than 20 pages of vocabulary worksheets and sorting activities with all needed related materials,
• 5 pages of vocabulary cards (6 per pg),
• how to make a volcano instructions for science tie-in,
• lesson plans for at least 5 days,
• vocabulary definitions pages for the teacher along with suggestions for additional vocabulary activities for higher level thinking skills.
Common Core aligned to meet the need for expository/informational text for special education students, to demonstrate comprehension of vocabulary, to demonstrate ability to answer Wh-questions and answer questions about key details in a text, to compare and contrast vocabulary, and to determine the meaning of vocabulary in a text,
Check out my other adapted informational texts. I have many; including I Dig Rocks
and All About the Weather
I also have several about Animals of Africa, A Rainbow of Animals (animals of the world), and Bats
All help to meet CCSS for increasing use of informational text in special education and answering questions about expository text questions.