This year I have decided that I want to try to do homework a little differently.
• On Monday of each new week, students will be given a new paragraph/essay starter and brainstorming graphic organizer. (half sheet to save paper!)
• They will glue these into their “homework” composition notebook at the top of the page.
• Students will brainstorm at the top and write on the lines below.
• Some weeks I will assign just a paragraph, other weeks an entire essay, and others until the assignment feels complete.
• Composition notebooks will be due on Fridays.
• Some Fridays I will grade on completion and some Fridays I will collect and fully grade.
• 36 different prompts/brainstorming organizers.
• Covers a variety of writing styles: Expository, persuasive, descriptive, narrative, cause and effect, process, compare and contrast, summarizing, biography, and move.
• Student direction sheet
Check out some of the sample pages in the preview!
Includes both the Word and the PDF versions!