Also included in
- This is a bundle that covers all the middle school standards on Waves. You save 20% by buying the waves middle school products here as a bundle. Students will learn about absorption, reflection, and transmission of waves as well as analog and digital signals.This bundle includes:Waves: Transmission,$15.40$19.25Save $3.85
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$98.60$123.25Save $24.65
- The Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. This is a growing bundle and I will add new resources to it as they are created. Save 20% by purchasing$298.84$373.55Save $74.71
This resource introduces students to the differences between analog and digital signals. Students will learn that digital signals have some advantages over analog signals. This resource is aligned with NGSS MS-PS4-3. Integrate qualitative scientific and technical information to support the claim that digitized signals are a more reliable way to encode and transmit information than analog signals.
It is also aligned with
Utah SEEd Standard 8.2.6
Obtain and evaluate information to communicate the claim that the of digital signals are a more reliable way to store or transmit information than analog signals. Emphasize the basic understanding that waves can be used for communication purposes. Examples could include using vinyl records vs. digital song files, film cameras vs. digital cameras, or alcohol thermometers vs. digital thermometers. (PS4.C)
NJSLS • MS-PS4-3 Integrate qualitative scientific and technical information to support the claim that digitized signals are a more reliable way to encode and transmit information than analog signals
This resource includes:
- an informative slide show
- strategic notetaking guide
- response pages
- a quiz
- answer keys
Save 20% and purchase here as part of the Waves Middle School Bundle.
This resource will take about 6 days to complete if you do every activity and page. A suggested schedule is included.
My resources are not editable. My resources are secure (including the slide show) for copyright reasons. These resources are in ppt and pdf format.
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
Please see my other resources for Middle School Science