provide opportunities to learn important critical thinking skills. That’s why it is important to not only teach students about what an analogy is, but how to solve an analogy. This fun and engaging 3-day All About Analogies
mini-unit is designed to help students build on their knowledge about analogies, discover new connections, and make broader comparison between things.
• This analogies mini-unit provides numerous opportunities to develop the skill of solving analogies.
• Each lesson starts with a fun and engaging activity – Analogy Match (hands-on), Sketch an Analogy (art integration), and Analogy Mix-Up (with puzzle pieces).
• Then, students learn about and practice solving analogies through whole group instruction, small group work, partnerships, and independent practice.
In this mini-unit, students will learn about what an analogy is, how to read an analogy, steps for solving an analogy, types of analogies (synonym, antonym, part to whole, descriptive, object to function, cause and effect), and essentials for making analogy comparisons. Students will complete guided notes, practice exercises, graphic organizers and analogy questions. This is a fun unit for students and teachers!
This detailed ANALOGIES mini-unit includes:
• 3 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
• Analogy Match Activity
• Analogy Match Words
• Sketch an Analogy Worksheet (2)
• Analogy Mix-Up Puzzles
• Guided Notes about Analogies
• Step-by-Step Guide for Solving Analogies
• Bridge Sentence Practice
• Types of Analogies Notes and Examples
• Analogy Types Practice
• Analogy Practice (Bridge and Type)
• Analogy Essential Guided Notes
• Write Your Own Analogies
• Analogy Practice Questions
• All keys for student work and instruction
You may also like…
• Conflict Mini-Unit
• Poetry Analysis Unit
• Figurative Language Unit
- Includes both an integrated and stand-alone version of the unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction