This individual template can be used on a close reading of a variety of small selections of larger fiction pieces: chapters, introductions, epilogues, news articles, biography, persuasive essays, journals, etc. The template is useful for:
- Jump starting essay drafting
- Quick discussions of non-fiction literature
- Separating out analysis tasks for students
- Targeting areas of weakness in analysis
- Discussing authorial bias
The main goal of the organizer is to get students to draw conclusions about the author's thesis or claim in their work. They can be modified for more specific work depending on your personal classroom goals.