This individual template can be used on a close reading of a variety of poems. The template is useful for:
- Jump starting essay drafting
- Quick discussions of poetry
- Separating out analysis tasks for students
- Targeting areas of weakness in analysis
- Discussing fine details like imagery and structure
The main goal of the organizer is to get students to draw conclusions about the author's thesis or claim in their work. They can be modified for more specific work depending on your personal classroom goals.