This individual template can be used on a close reading of a variety of short fiction pieces: short stories, novellas, one act plays, etc. The template is useful for:
- Jump starting essay drafting
- Quick discussions of short fiction literature
- Separating out analysis tasks for students
- Targeting areas of weakness in analysis
- Discussing background info and figurative language
The main goal of the organizer is to get students to draw conclusions about the author's thesis or claim in their work. They can be modified for more specific work depending on your personal classroom goals.