ANALYTICAL QUESTION, ANALYTICAL WRITING, 200 WORD QUESTION
THE LITTLE PRINCE
Analytical QuestionTHE LITTLE PRINCE
✅FOR EXAM PREP
✅FOR A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
INCLUDED IN THE PRODUCT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
➢ Instructions for teachers and students on writing the Analytical Question.
➢ Two examples of Analytical Questions on other texts. One of the examples is Brown v. Board of Education and Plato’s Apology and the other is Plato’s Theaetetus and The Island of Doctor Moreau.
➢ One page handout where students write their own Analytical Question. There is a color version and a black and white version.
➢ Online version of student assignment. Instructions for students. If your instructions are different simply create a new slide.
• Analytical Question (TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD)
• Analytical Question (ANY TEXT)
• CRITICAL THINKING ACTIVITIES: DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#1) Informational text
• CRITICAL THINKING - DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#2) critical thinking, debate
• CRITICAL THINKING ACTIVITY: DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#3) (Ethics, Justice)
• CRITICAL THINKING: DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#5) (cross-curricular, 1st Amendment)
• Socratic Seminar (ANY TEXT)
You don’t need to teach entire works, just short excerpts of the Great Books, to engage students in complex, higher-order thinking and other skills deemed essential in the new CCSS guidelines.
The ELA Common Core State Standards require students to learn how to read texts carefully:
Keywords: ANALYTICAL QUESTION, HOTS; High School; Non-fiction; Textual Analysis; Critical Reading; Higher Order Thinking; History; social studies; ELA; Literature; logic
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store; this will be the first in a series of these units.
Copyright © 2015, jellycat-in-the-snow productions
All rights reserved by author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Photocopying of this copyrighted product is permissible only for one teacher and his/her classroom use. Reproduction of this product, in whole or in part, for more than one teacher is strictly prohibited. This document may not be electronically distributed or posted to a web site.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.