Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.16 MB | 15 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RI.8.9. They will analyze a case in which two informational texts disagree on the same topic. Students will identify where the texts disagree on matters of fact or interpretation. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 2 links to instructional videos or texts
• 1 link to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes three multiple choice questions
• Definitions of key terms, such as conflicting information and interpretation
• Excerpts from several informational texts that allow students to identify where the texts disagree
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels