Invite your students to come alongside Tommy True as he tries to solve a mystery! They will be making inferences, analyzing text clues, and using background knowledge without even realizing it! Conversation roles and guiding questions are included to promote authentic conversation. The product includes an additional PDF designed for student digital use (Google Classroom+ Kami).
Synopsis: Tommy attends Megan's birthday party only to learn that not everyone attending is really her friend. When the birthday finale is sabotaged, Tommy steps in to put the pieces together.
This product works well with our Making Inferences Mini-Lesson (designed for interactive notebooks).
This product is sold as a zip file which includes 2 files:
If you enjoy this mystery, check out:
•The Tales of Tommy True: The Ghosted Pepper-Tommy Truman is a 4th grader who has a knack for discovering the truth. Have your students join his journey as he helps his fellow classmate solve a mystery!
• The Tales of Tommy True: Swimming Upstream- A non-fiction article is included in this mystery to help students hunt for clues! Tommy volunteers to judge a fishing competition. Who catches the biggest fish? Who gets caught in a lie?
• The Tales of Tommy True: Home Running- A prized baseball has been lost, but the story behind it seems too tall to be true!
• The Tales of Tommy True: Sour Lemons- A young magician with a card trick has the local kids losing their allowances! Is it really magic as he claims?
• The Tales of Tommy True: Brewing & Stewing- Students can use scientific background knowledge about states of matter to solve this short mystery story! Tommy's friend is off to prove his coffee brewing skills, but a strange occurrence threatens to knock him out of the competition.
• The Tales of Tommy True: Tricks for Treats- It's Halloween, and that means costumes and candy and tricks! But at this year's Halloween party a costume goes missing along with the candy, leaving Tommy to sort out the tricks.
• The Tales of Tommy True BUNDLE-5 Tommy True mysteries and a mini-lesson in one bundle! Each story features a unique mystery that requires making inferences and critical thinking to solve!
Check out this 2-minute video tutorial if you want to know How To Use Our Products Digitally.
Feel free to contact us with questions. Click here to follow us for the latest product releases. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and earns you free TPT points toward future purchases!