Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.27 MB | 31 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RL.8.3. They will write a theme statement. Students will explain how a theme develops over the course of a text. Students also have the option to listen to instructional audio and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos, audio, or texts
• 1 link to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes three multiple choice questions and one sorting question
• Definitions of key terms, such as theme
• Excerpts from several texts, including "A Little Princess" by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities on certain parts of the standard, such as symbolism and allegory
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels