Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach students how to analyze an author’s arguments with Atticus Finch’s Closing Arguments!
Analyzing an author’s arguments can be challenging for students; however, this step-by-step method will make this skill clear and easy while creating an in-depth analysis! Everything to teach rhetoric, logical fallacies is included. Show your students how to analyze the rhetoric/fallacies/message/language of any author’s arguments through this iconic passage from To Kill a Mockingbird.
- PowerPoint and Google Presentation on rhetoric and logical fallacies
-PowerPoint Presentation and Google Presentation to introduce this step-by-step method
-Close reading passage of Atticus Finch’s closing arguments
- Analyzing rhetoric graphic organizer
- Reader response questions to further depth of analysis
- Separate logical fallacies PowerPoint and Google Presentation
- Separate Rhetoric PowerPoint and Google Presentation
- Note taking documents for both logical fallacies and rhetoric lessons
- Lesson plans
- Lesson plans on teaching close reading strategies with this closing argument
- Google Apps Links to Google Presentations and Organizer Google Documents
- Student sample analysis
No prep plans!
Great test prep!
Looking for more great resources for your classroom?This unit is a part of mysemester 2 bundle AND my Full Year English Curriculum Bundle. These curriculum bundles will take you from the first day procedures, syllabus, and get-to-know-you activities to the final semester reflection and/or end-of-year writing prompts. Every day and every lesson is planned and created for your 8th or 9th grade students. This curriculum is aligned to CCSS standards; the semester 1 and semester 2 curriculum will cover all of the CCSS standards for both 8th and 9th grade.
Other Analyzing Rhetoric Lessons to Consider:
Save money with these UNIT BUNDLES!