Are you looking for a way to introduce a discussion about the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights into your planning? Looking for a way to teach "Constitution Day" in your Social Studies curriculum? This assignment will do the trick.
Students are introduced to some basic facts about the Bill of Rights in the first page of the assignment. The remaining pages ask students to read, analyze, and explain each of the ten amendments in the Bill of Rights.
They must also imagine a nation without these rights to protect its citizens. They will then explain how they believe life in America would differ without these protections.
I have used it successfully in middle school Social Studies classrooms in the past as either an individual assignment or as a team project.
What I find especially helpful about this document is that you do not have to teach with all ten amendments. You can pick and choose only a few of them if you wish (or if you have limited time to cover this material).
I have included three websites that will help you with any background information about the Bill of Rights including a basic understanding.
Any feedback about the assignment is welcomed and encouraged. Thank you!
If you like this product, consider purchasing these related items from my store:
1. Absolute & Relative Location Assignment: NFL Football Teams + Google Earth Tour!
2. Let's Explore the Continents! - Use Map Skills to Find Places - Bundle
3. 50 States & Capital Cities - Worksheets for upper elementary- substitute lesson!
4. 50 States & Capital Cities BINGO - 25 Full-Color Game Sheets
5. What Time Is It? Introducing American Standard Time Zones Assignment
6. Substitute Lesson A to Z Geography World Cities & Countries
7. Create-a-Country Geography Skills Project - SCALABLE
8. The Aquarium Map Scale Project: Geography: Map Tools: Substitute Lesson
9. Five Themes, Geography - Vocabulary Match Assignment & 3 Puzzles
10. Let's Explore America! Find American States & More on a Map
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License