Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.32 MB | 56 Slides, 31 Pages pages
Teach students how to analyze an author’s arguments with Martin Luther King Jr.’s Letter from a Birmingham Jail!
Analyzing an author’s arguments can be challenging for students; however, this step-by-step method will make this skill clear and easy while creating an in-depth analysis! Everything to teach rhetoric, and logical fallacies is included. Show your students how to analyze the rhetoric/fallacies/message/language of any author’s arguments through this iconic passage from Martin Luther King Jr.’s Letter from a Birmingham Jail.
- PowerPoint and Google Presentation on rhetoric and logical fallacies
- PowerPoint Presentation & Google Presentation to introduce this step-by-step method
- Close reading passage of Dr. King’s Letter from a Birmingham Jail
- Analyzing rhetoric graphic organizer
- Reader response questions to further the depth of analysis
- Separate logical fallacies PowerPoint and Google Presentation
- Lesson plans
- Lesson plans on teaching close reading strategies with this passage
- Google Apps Links to Google Presentations & Graphic Organizer Google Documents
- Extended response questions allow students to craft their own argument in response to this text.
No prep plans!
Great test prep!