Focus in on character analysis with your students using these fun, practical passages. This pack contains ten passages specifically designed to teach character traits and character analysis. Each single page story features a response sheet in which students will take a closer look at the characters and their actions.
Student response sheets cover a wide variety of answer formats. Students may respond to short answer questions, multiple-choice questions, or by filling out a graphic organizer. Many response pages require students to use text evidence to support their answers. An answer key is included for each passage.
These passages and response sheets can be used during whole group instruction, small group instruction, as morning work, or as homework.
Students will read literature and informational stories across many genres, including…
• The Kickball Tournament (realistic fiction)
• The Shopping Trip (realistic fiction)
• The School Play (realistic fiction)
• Rex Goes Missing (realistic fiction)
• Old Stormalong (folktale)
• The Lion and the Mouse (fable)
• Roald Dahl (biography)
• Jackie Robinson (biography)
• Alexander Graham Bell (biography)
• Pocahontas (biography)
Click on the preview button for a closer look!
Visit my store for more close reading resources!