"The Cask of Amontillado" unit includes several activities that meet a variety of ELA CCSS. There are pre-reading, during reading, and after reading activities that include some differentiated material and teacher models. All files comes in three versions: PDF, Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, and iWork Pages and Keynote.
The following files are included in this unit:
1. Student and Teacher Annotated Versions of the Story Text
2. Vocabulary Activity: Students will use context clues from the story to make inferences about what vocabulary words mean.
3. During Reading Graffiti Wall: Students can use this graffiti wall to take notes while reading/listening to the short story.
4. Identifying Story Elements Activity: Students will answer a series of questions to identify various story elements.
5. Sequencing Activity: This can be used as an intervention for students who have difficulty understanding the story. There are two differentiated charts available.
6. Analyzing Dramatic Irony: Students will answer a variety of constructed response questions to analyze how dramatic irony shapes the story.
7. Teacher Models are included using "The Tell-Tale Heart"
8. Warm-up Questions and Self Reflection Questions are included in this product for each day.
9. Three separate presentations are included to help guide the lessons each day.
Check out the preview to see a unit outline and to see the activities that are included in this product!