A great student-centered lesson and collection of documents to help students analyze both propaganda (posters and video) with a focus on World War Two.
Contains a detailed 39 slide PowerPoint (which contains a link to online WW2 era Disney propaganda video, engaging class discussion questions, debates, group critical thinking challenges, and an individual critical thinking challenge assignment). The PowerPoint is engaging, humorous and packed with detailed information. Also contains, a document with 10 different 8x10 World War Two propaganda posters to distribute to students while they work in the group critical thinking challenge to aid in student-centered discussion and debate. Finally, it contains a 5 page individual critical thinking challenge assignment wherein students will need to analyze 5 different pieces of propaganda, which also includes a marking rubric.
- 39 slide PowerPoint with detailed teacher notes on the "Notes Page" to aid the teacher in class discussion, videos and questions for extension of ideas
- 10 page document containing 10 different WW2 era propaganda posters
- Student-Centered Group Critical Thinking Challenge
- Individual Critical Thinking Challenge with Marking Rubric
- Online link to Disney WW2 era propaganda video with discussion questions for student analysis and discussion