This resource will provide students with a unique, and engaging way to learn about the Bill of Rights. In a critical reading activity, students will explore and understand the historical background of which each constitutional right came to exist. The provided reading is an easy to read, attention-grabbing resource. The second part of this lesson involves having students delve deeper into their analysis of each constitutional right by doing the following: 1)defining each amendment in their own words, 2) summarizing the historical background of why /how each amendment came to exist, 3) creating an illustration that depicts the meaning of each constitutional right.
• Bill of Rights Reading (6 pages)
• Handout #1: Analyzing Bill of Rights (T chart)
• Handout #2: The Value of Rights
• Student Example
If you liked this lesson see other related 'Government' lessons here:
• Controversy and the Criminal Justice System (Eric Garner Case) (click here to open in new tab)
• Mock Trial: Class Preparation (click here to open in new tab)
• Analyzing The Declaration of Independence & the U.S. Constitution (click here to open in new tab)
• Our Constitutional Amendments: Analyzing Supreme Court Decisions (click here to open in new tab)
I OFTEN PROVIDE FREEBIES TO MY FOLLOWERS AND ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page and click it to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time I debut a new product or freebie.