This exercise provides two examples of characters to help students analyze characters in fiction. One example is from a short story and another from a fairy tale to be sure students understand what is expected of them.
Becoming proficient at character analysis will enhance a student's reading experience. He or she can apply what they have learned to fictional characters in novels, movies, and TV shows.
After reading the examples provided, students will fill in the three-page worksheet. Their answers will give them the information they need to write a thesis to use when writing a character sketch.
This lesson may be used in two ways:
1. Print the materials and distribute them to your students.
2. Give students a link to the resource in GOOGLE Drive™, where they can record their answers on GOOGLE Slides™. Students can submit their work to you however you wish. (GOOGLE Classroom, email, etc.)
Using this GOOGLE Drive™ Resource will save you hours of time and reams of paper.
The benefits include:
- Share lessons and exercises one page at a time.
- Students can access the materials from anywhere they have access to their Google Drive™.
- Students work directly in the file.
- Increase student engagement.
- Go Paperless. No need to use a copy machine.
- No printing is required; however, if you wish to print, it will look great!
- No lost assignments.
- Infuse technology.
- Readiness for college.
- Google Drive is completely free for teachers and students.
I hope you and your students enjoy using this. Here's another lesson on How to Write a Character Analysis that your students will enjoy.