Everything you need for Anansi Goes Fishing through Pearson Reading Street!
Charts, Webs, Concept talks, Amazing Words Sentence Frames, Games, Literacy Centers, Supplementary Activities, Vocabulary Cards, Practice Stations.....and MUCH MORE!
This Common Core Standards Aligned Activity Packet correlates with the Scott Foreman Reading Street Series for 2nd grade. Anansi Goes Fishing is unit 3.3, and includes everything for teachers to make Pearson both teacher and student friendly! There are various activity/student centers for all the content covered throughout this week, including many things I find lacking as a teacher: definitions for spelling words AND academic vocabulary used throughout the week, common core-aligned reading and writing activities such as text-based/evidence-based comprehension questions, Day 1-5 concept talks with sentence frames, phonics and sentence reading, and questions of the day written up for quick reference or document camera convenience. Student friendly directions for all activities, student daily journal writing, retelling activity/station, and every chart, table, and graphic organizer at your fingertips for the week (with different options!) and MORE! THIS IS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE WEEKLY PEARSON PACKET!
* Now Included: Our compound word matching game that we sell separately at our store!
• Refrigerator Page for Parents/Student Reference
• Review of Long O (o,oa,ow) Word Sort Chart
• Trickster Characteristics Chart
• Dividing Compound Words into Syllables
• Fluent Sentence Reading
• Dictated Spelling Sentences
• Speakers and Listeners Chart
• Text-Based Story Comprehension Questions
• Compare/Contrast Folk Takes Venn Diagrams
• Past, Present, and Future Verbs
• ABC order spelling word activity
• Alliteration Chart and Student Activity
• Antonym Webs
• Story Sequence Activity/Station
• Creative Thinking Webs
• Compound Word Matching Game!
• Matching Word Cards for:
Vocabulary Words (including academic vocabulary!)
(Student Answer Keys included for all words to
promote universal access/independent practice/small
• Day 1-5 Questions of the Day
• Day 1-5 Daily Concept Talk
*Student Sentence Frames provided for Structured Student
• Daily Student Journal Writing (CCSS Aligned)
• Retelling Cards Writing Activity/Literacy Center