Engaging introductory lesson for ANATOMY CLASSES with a focus on EVOLUTION.
I use this as my Day 1 lesson for my Human Anatomy and Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology courses.
Lesson is in a PowerPoint presentation format that includes the following:
1. Engage activity
2. Vagus Nerve anatomy and physiology
3. YouTube video link about the Medulla Oblongata
4. Human and Giraffe Vagus Nerve homologies
5. Pathologies of the Vagus Nerve
6. Evolution of the Vagus Nerve in vertebrates.
7. Variations in innervation by the Vagus Nerve
8. Slide notes for instructor
Follow me on Pinterest
Brian Zeiszler, MS SciEd
Feel free to modify as necessary
Viva Las Vagus: Evolution of the Vagus Nerve
by Brian Zeiszler
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License