This no-prep paper AND digital paperless bundle is a complete anatomy curriculum with all of the notes, labs, activities, practices, projects, quizzes, and tests you need to teach an entire year of human anatomy and physiology. Every major body system is covered and listed in the units below. This is an excellent stand-alone resource or could be used to refresh or supplement an existing curriculum that you have. All tests are provided on two levels CP (College Prep, or on grade level) and Honors (advanced) to aid in differentiating for varying levels of students. Not only that, but the student packets come in a paperless digital version that can be used in Google Drive™ and/or Microsoft OneDrive™. This is perfect for the teacher who is in a 1:1 classroom, for someone who is hoping to integrate more educational technology to move towards becoming a paperless classroom, or is currently teaching via distance learning. Because it is all-inclusive, it is especially useful for new teachers, maternity leave, and flipped classrooms!
*How is this resource distance learning compatible?*
This resource already comes with all of the student handouts in a packet format that can be used on paper (PDF to print) or digitally in a paperless version for Google Drive™ and/or Microsoft OneDrive™. All of the PowerPoint notes also come with a lecture video to help your students learn from afar. You can see all of my lecture videos on , and feel free to email me at email@example.com for a free sample of a paperless digital packet so you can see what the formatting and usability is like prior to purchasing so you can tell if it is a good fit for you and your students.
** I did not specifically write this curriculum for distance learning or homeschool settings, but this entire curriculum can still be used in a modified format, and all will be fully usable when we are one day back in our classrooms! I include a document with tips for using the resources within each unit in a virtual teaching and/or homeschool setting to help you. If you have questions about which resources may or may not work from home, shoot me an email and we can discuss!
What content in this bundle?
- Introduction to Anatomy Unit
- Support and Motion Unit
- Control and Coordination Unit
- Transport Unit
- Absorption and Excretion Unit
- Protection Unit
- Reproduction Unit
- *NEW* Anatomy Yearlong Independent Research Projects
To read more about my scope and sequence, as well as to access my free pacing guide for the course, check out this blog post here.
What is included?
I strongly encourage you to click the links to each unit above and download their previews. Each unit preview will give you 15-20 pages detailing what is included. In summary, you will be receiving over 2,300 pages of curriculum including animated and editable PowerPoint slides with links to video lectures for each one, 7 packets (1 per unit) of student handouts, over 150 pages of implementation notes, editable unit plans (with both 50-minute and 90-minute pacing options), detailed answer keys, and editable tests and quizzes. Plus, access to ALL of the materials in the student packets in a digital paperless format that can be used in Google Drive™ and/or Microsoft OneDrive™.
Not only that, but in purchasing this bundle you will get free updates for LIFE for any content added to it. The newest additions to the anatomy curriculum include the yearlong independent research projects, binder covers, filled in Cornell notes and fill in the blank Cornell notes - both in the printable PDF packet format and the paperless digital Google Drive™ format.
Want a video tour of what is inside this curriculum? Check out this one here!
What materials are needed in addition to the resources provided?
Click the "Preview Included Products" button under the cover image for the full year curriculum bundle preview to see a compiled list of all necessary supplies for all 7 units. I wrote this curriculum for the science teacher with minimal materials and budget, so the majority of the supplies needed can be purchased on Amazon or at Walmart!
What is so great about the digital student packets that are included?
- You can go PAPERLESS in your classroom if you want – no more dreaded mornings at the copy machine!
- You still get all of the organization of my packet strategy, just now in digital format too!
- Students will be able to access their packets ANYWHERE. No more, “I forgot my binder so I couldn’t do (fill in the blank)”
- Students can print their filled in packets or an extra blank copy easily from home
- You can now have a mixed classroom with some students paperless and others not. You can also start with just doing a few units digitally and others on paper. Whatever works best for you and your students. The point here is that you now have OPTIONS!
- You have increased flexibility for students to easily learn and be connected outside the walls of your classroom.
- A built in opportunity to help students grow in their digital literacy.
What types of files are included?
Most of the documents in this product are secured PDFs, meaning you can print them but not edit or copy/paste the text. The paperless digital student packets will be accessed via a Google Drive™ link in a PDF file that students can type into but not change the essential content of. Editable versions are only included for the unit plans, quizzes, tests and some aspects of the activities for you to customize for your classroom. The PowerPoint lecture notes also have editable text. This is to protect the copyright and intellectual property of my own work, plus the work of many dedicated clip artists that are included in this product. If you have questions about this, please don’t hesitate to email me with them prior to purchasing!
What standards are covered?
When writing each of my A&P units, I tried to incorporate as many different states’ A&P standards as possible, while most importantly keeping the content within the scope of the *NGSS style. While NGSS doesn’t have specific standards for Anatomy and Physiology, there are many DCI’s, science & engineering practices, and crosscutting concepts that align with my A&P curriculum, such as:
- HS-LS1-1: Construct an explanation based on evidence for how the structure of DNA determines the structure of proteins, which carry out the essential functions of life through systems of specialized cells.
- HS-LS1-2: Develop and use a model to illustrate the hierarchical organization of interacting systems that provide specific functions within multicellular organisms.
- HS-LS1-3: Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence that feedback mechanisms maintain homeostasis.
- HS-LS1-4: Use a model to illustrate the role of cellular division (mitosis) and differentiation in producing and maintaining complex organisms.
- HS-LS1-6: Construct and revise an explanation based on evidence for how carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen from sugar molecules may combine with other elements to form amino acids and/or other large carbon-based molecules.
- HS-LS3-1: Ask questions to clarify relationships about the role of DNA and chromosomes in coding the instructions for characteristic traits passed from parents to offspring.
The crosscutting concepts and science and engineering practices are embedded throughout each unit so that the units reflect the three dimensions of the NGSS. An NGSS alignment document is included with each unit with suggestions for phenomena that can be used as you develop storylines specific to your students and their interests. My hope is that this curriculum provides you all of the foundational resources you need for figuring out "what" to teach, so that you can then focus your energy on "how" you want to teach.
I highly recommend to every teacher that you just purchase one unit first to test out before making such a large investment in purchasing the whole curriculum. This way you can see my style and make sure it is a good fit for you and your students first and minimizing the financial risk. If you like the unit and decide to go ahead and purchase the full curriculum bundle, you can submit your Order ID numbers for the bundle and unit to TpT on their Contact page (or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer I do it for you) and you can request a refund for the original unit purchased that you tested out. As long as this is done within one year of the original purchase and you have also purchased the bundle, TpT will honor this request as they see it as a duplicate purchase, which falls within their refund policy. If you have questions about this, feel free to shoot me an email prior to purchasing at email@example.com.
Note: If you would like me to read through your specific state standards for A&P to assess the alignment, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a PDF or link to your state standards for A&P and I will be happy to review them for you prior to you making a purchase!
What prior knowledge is necessary for students to have before using this curriculum?
A&P is traditionally an upperclassmen science course, so I wrote this curriculum with the expectation that students using it will have previously taken a course in Biology a course in Chemistry. If that is NOT the case for your students, keep that in mind as you may need to provide further support for them to be successful with the content.
Why should I use this product in my classroom?
If you are a first year teacher, new to teaching A&P, going on maternity leave, or overwhelmed by too many responsibilities and classes to prep for, this resource was written for you. Designing curriculum for an entire unit, let alone an entire course like this one, that is organized, engaging, activity-based, and standard-aligned can be exhausting. Especially if you are in a school with little to no science budget like I have been, it can be so hard to have a hands-on course without breaking your own bank to provide it for your students. This is why I began writing these comprehensive units - for the teacher who wants what is best for their students but doesn't necessarily have the time, energy, or resources to provide it for them (which was ME!) Not only that, I also wrote each of my units with enough detail for my own non-science long-term maternity leave sub to be able to use them. The level of detail, links to the video lectures for each set of notes, and low-budget materials list makes this product perfect for teachers new to this subject, going on maternity leave for a long-term sub, or even trying a flipped classroom strategy.
What if I am not ready to make such a big purchase and want to test it out first?
I completely understand the investment this is for your classroom. I highly encourage you if you are considering this big purchase to buy an individual unit first to see if my style is desirable for you and your students. If you like it and decide to go ahead and purchase the full curriculum bundle, you can email me your Order ID at email@example.com and I can put in a refund request for you to TpT for the original unit you purchased (so you aren’t having to pay for it twice!) Have questions? I’d love to discuss with you further. Shoot me an email or a Q&A!
Looking for more A&P resources?
My daily bell ringers, exam pack, and test review games are not included in this bundle, but you can find them for the entire school year by clicking the links below.
- A&P Full Year Bell Ringers or Exit Slips
- A&P Full Year Vocabulary Review Game
- A&P Midterm and Final Exam Pack
Looking for more comprehensive curriculum?
Check out the other full year curricula I have available!
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
Note: This bundle will only be discounted during the TpT sitewide sales that happen once a quarter. No further discounts will be applied at other points throughout the school year. You can also earn TpT credits to use towards future purchases by leaving feedback for past purchases. Head over to “My Purchases” to stock up on some credits!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, blogposts, and freebies?
- Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
- Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
- Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not:
- Upload this product to any unsecured website or server that other teachers can access for free.
- Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
- Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
- Use the resources for commercial use, such as teaching a course on Outschool or a similar platform using these resources.
*: NGSS is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.