Ancient China Chinese Society
Ruling Class or Warrior Class Debate & Historical Thinking Activity
Perfect lesson for teaching Ancient Chinese Society
Allow students to practice the steps for thinking historically
as they prepare debate arguments on key topics in World History. Students collect data, evaluate sources, make comparisons, analyze primary sources, and organize content
to create a supported argument about a topic in history.
In this activity, students will investigate the positions of the Ancient Chinese Dynasties
- Ruling Class
and Warrior Class
. They will read basic facts, research with online suggested sites or from available texts, and will formulate and write a concise argument on which occupation they would prefer if living in ancient times.
Debate Topic Introduction Page & Student Steps
Source Examination Page
SPRITE Organizer & Student SPRITE Guide
Writing Prompt & Pages for Student Writing
Teacher Guide w/Suggested Websites for Student Study
Ruling Class & Warrior Class of Ancient Chinese Dynasties
Perfect for your Unit Ancient China
Secondary and Primary Source Analysis
This lesson would work well in a World History course or in any other where the topic is studied or required for core content standard completion.
An answer key is not provided since student responses will vary, but the student SPRITE Guide is included.
See this complete resource in the PREVIEW!
Take a look at my similar products for teaching or studying World History, including my most popular resources on the Major World Religions:
• World Religions Comparison Activity Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• World Religions Investigation and Comparison Centers Activity
• Comparison of Christianity to Hinduism Research ORQ
• Comparison of Christianity to Islam Research ORQ
• Comparison of Christianity to Judaism Research ORQ
Related Products on Ancient China
• China - History of an Empire Reading & Question Homework Assignment
• China Scavenger Hunt Task Card Activity! Great Game for Review or End of Year!
• Chinese Dynasties Archeological Dig Activity World History China
• Mapping the Lands of Ancient China Activity
Please see my other Social Studies resources in my TpT Store!