Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.6 MB | 21 pages
Use these Common Core assignments to go along with your Ancient China Unit. Many pages are designed to fit within an interactive notebook as well, however they easily be adapted to fit into any unit.
1) Silk Road Flow Map-CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.6-8.3
2) Silk Road worksheet focused on determining products traded throughout the route, and dangers they could encounter (use to go along with your own reading on the Silk Road).
3) Silk Road Billboard Interactive Notebook Assignment
5) Emperor Qin Good vs Bad leader chart
6) Argument writing assignment- was Qin a hero or villian? There are 2 different version of this assignment. One focuses on students writing a paragraph creating a claim with 2 pieces of evidence. The second focuses on students creating a claim, with 3 pieces of evidence, as well as creating a counterclaim and rebuttal. Can be easily adapted to creating an entire argument essay. CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1a, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1b, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1e, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.1, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.1a, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.1b, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.8.1CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.8.1a, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.8.1b
7) Qin Wanted Poster activity
8) Dynasty Sensory Figure
9) Han Dynasty Achievements rating activity
10) Confucianism Note Page
11) Copy of Confucius sayings and processing assignment
12) Han Dynasty Playlist-Create songs about the Han Dynasty based on your notes
13) Qin and Han comparison chart
14) Foot Binding Sensory Figure
15) Dynasty Bar graph worksheet
16) 5 Themes of Geography for Ancient China
All documents are able to be edited to fit your classroom. Also included are PDF versions of all assignments.