This is one of my favorite new lessons because students anticipate what they will be learning and link prior knowledge to create predictions!
This is a fantastic introductory and summative Ancient China Investigation lesson that has student predict what they will learn about in the unit. Students analyze Ancient China maps, charts, primary sources and visuals. They build on what they see to make predictions and inferences about historical content that will be learned. This Ancient China Investigation lesson can be teacher directed via PowerPoint or student directed with printable resources and/or stations.
Here’s what you get:
1. Teacher Instructions with timing and prep information.
2. An interactive PowerPoint visuals based on the Key Concept for Social Science. The lesson also includes a key concept review page.
3. An introductory lesson graphic organizer that has students analyze what they see, describe it and make predictions about future learning.
4. A great summative informal assessment that has students review their predictions and evaluate if they were correct, while adding more detail about what they have learned.
5. A printable PDF stations, individual or group investigation that is completely student centered!
☀ ☀ ☀Save Big! This history investigation lesson is also included in the Ancient Bundle!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK!
Tony Pavlovich, world history investigation, World History Lesson, Big Ideas for Social Science, Key Concepts for Social Science, History Investigation, Buddhism, Ancient China Confucius lesson, Ancient China Economy Lesson