Also included in
- Ancient Civilizations Reading Comprehension Passages, Worksheets, Questions, and Annotations Bundle! This bundle contains 8 StudentSavvy Reading Passage & Expository Text Resources! It contains a total of 40 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annot$33.00$42.00Save $9.00
- Ancient India Activities Resource Bundle!**UPDATES - 5 Reading Passages are now included in the bundle!- Digital & Print Board Game for Review now included!-Ancient Civilizations Curriculum Binders & Sample Pacing Guide for the Full School YearThis bundled product contains the following 6 St$24.00$32.23Save $8.23
- Ancient Civilizations Complete Curriculum (PRINT & DIGITAL)This complete curriculum resource has over 1000+ pages/slides of material covering The Stone Age | Early Humans | Archaeology, Ancient Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Israel, Ancient India, Ancient China, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome. T$175.00$259.62Save $84.62
- ALL of the Reading Comprehension Passages in the StudentSavvy Store! Nonfiction **CURRENTLY 258 Passages!**-Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations--Both Print (PDF) & Digital Options (either in Google Slides or Easel by TpT) It contains Engaging, Non-Fiction Read$208.39$297.70Save $89.31
Ancient China Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations
This resource is designed for an Ancient China unit. It contains 5 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annotations! Reading Comprehension Questions also included!
Questions & Answer Keys for Each of the 5 Reading Passages!
COMMON CORE ALIGNED! Aligned with Ancient China - Interactive Notebook
Quick overview of topics covered in this resource include:
1.) Ancient China Civilization: Dynasties & History
-Contains overview of Ancient China's history and description of dynasties.
-Xia Dynasty - describes how little information was recorded during this time period
-Shang Dynasty -describes the Bronze Age and first recorded history
-Golden Age description during the Zhou Dynasty - philosophers and great thinkers such as Confucius, Laozi, and Mencius
-Qin Dynasty, describes political period and Legalism
Keywords: Legalism, Golden Age, Bronze Age, Huang River Valley, Dynasties
2.) The Bronze Age of Ancient China
-describes when it began and the types of materials used to create tools, weapons, decorative items, etc. that were created.
-description of spiritual beliefs and focus during this time – communicating with oracle bones / taotie masks to ward off evil spirits.
Keywords: bronze casting, oracle bones, taotie masks
3.) The Great Wall of China
-describes how it was designed to stop northern invaders (Mongols) from invading
-describes structure and length, facts
-describes how it was successful in keeping invaders out but many workers died while creating the wall
-compares to other past and present “walls” in society
Keywords: Great Wall, laborer, watch tower, beacon towers, and fortresses
4.) The Silk Road
-describes the routes and how traders used it
-Chinese merchants exported silk, spices, tea, and other goods
-describes the hazards that traders faced along the way (dangers of robbers, bad weather, illness, lack of water)
-How goods were transported (in caravans)
-The cultural impact that the Silk Road had to Ancient China (New religions were discovered: Buddhism movements ) New technologies and other useful information discussed and traded
Keywords: caravan, silk, Zhang Qian
5.) Ancient and Contemporary Philosophies: Confucianism and Daoism
Describes Confucius and his beliefs and values (education and self-improvement)
-reinforced The Mandate of Heaven belief
-Describes his book The Analects and some of his famous quotes
-Describes Daoism and the teachings of Laozi
-Famous sayings of Laozi from Tao Te Ching
-Compares and contrasts the two philosophies
Keywords: The Analects, The Mandate of Heaven, Daoism, Confucius, Confucianism
You may also enjoy:
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now be able to see FREEBIES and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)