5 centres (~45min each)
Grade 5 Social Studies
Comes with detailed instructions sheets for each centre, rubrics (for 3 centres), and all paper resources. Two centres needed bigger materials. 5 wooden boxes (one for each group) and 1 mask for students to paint. I collected money from the class. All the documents are in word format so you can alter the centres if you can't get the materials.
1. Mapping (Locate early civilizations on a world map, Proper Labeling of Early Civilizations, Continents, and Oceans). Blank map included
2. Mummification (Similar to the Egyptians, you will complete a mummification process as a group. Wrapping your Mummy, decide what offerings to put in your coffin, decorate your coffin!)
3. Comparison (Compare two civilizations at how they used their environment to shape their needs). Venn diagram included.
4. Invention (Choose one of the inventions provided , Create an advertisement for this item by creating a brochure or slideshow)
5. Masks (Design your own theatre mask! Use everyday items to give expression and character to your mask. Plaster paper will harden your mask)