This is a research project about ancient Egyptian pharaohs that requires students to role-play as Egyptologists-in-training.
Students may choose one of these eight pharaohs: Akhenaten, Cleopatra, Hatshepsut, Khufu, Ramesses II, Seti I, Tutankhamen, or Thutmose III.
Their task is to evaluate their chosen pharaoh's strengths and weaknesses as a leader and their contributions to Egyptian life and culture.
Here are some of the specifics:
For students: the role-playing letter introduction, step-by-step directions for implementation (written in plain English for students to easily understand), research logs, and a works cited page to document their sources.
For teachers: a list of required materials, a pacing guide, two rubrics, and a list of reputable online resources for students to use when they conduct their research.
This project is intended as a cumulative assignment to enrich a unit on Ancient Egypt. It would work best with middle school or high school students. You might modify it for mature elementary school students.
Additionally, this project demands higher level critical thinking, as students must assess the importance of the pharaoh they have chosen. (This is not a biographical sketch.) They must also demonstrate teamwork skills, research skills, proper MLA citation, 21st century technology skills, the ability to work against a deadline, and much more.
Last, if you like this offering, would you kindly consider reviewing it for others? Thank you.
If you like this product, consider purchasing these related items from my store:
1. Great Wall of China - PowerPoint Presentation - Ancient Civilizations
2. Ancient Civilizations - Rome - Roman Rulers Research Project with Rubric
3. Assassination of Julius Caesar RAFT Writing Project + Rubric + Edublogs Tutorial
4. The Colosseum - PowerPoint Presentation - Ancient Civilizations
5. Absolute & Relative Location Assignment: NFL Football Teams + Google Earth Tour!
6. Fifty (50) Landforms and Bodies of Water Workbook - Visual Dictionary
7. World Cultures Theme Park Map Project - Social Studies/Substitute Lesson
8. The Aquarium Map Scale Project: Geography: Map Tools: Substitute Lesson
9. 100 Social Studies Research Questions Elementary/Middle Grades
10. Hurricanes, Cyclones, Typhoons - What is the Difference? Assignment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License