Thank-you for your interest in my Ancient Civilizations interactive notebook! This is based on the current social studies standards for 6th grade with CCSS standards intertwined! This notebook is designed to incorporate both standards to allow for seamless teaching in both subjects.
Each civilization has a title page, vocabulary, and map page to allow students to adapt to each civilization before they “dive” into each. Each civilization has writing prompts designed to incorporate each of the CCSS standards for social studies/science; while being unique to each civilization to allow students to engage themselves more in their learning and comprehension.
What is included in your purchase:
- Title pages for each civilization
- Table of contents
- Masters and sample pages of each of the civilizations:
1. Why we study history and themes
2. Early Ancestors
3. Ancient Mesopotamia
4. Ancient Egypt
6. Ancient Greece
7. Ancient India
8. Ancient China
9. Ancient Rome
11. Ancient North America
- 16 page introduction into informative text:
1. Informative text features (pages 1-5)
2. How informational text explains a process (pages 6-7)
3. Primary/secondary sources
4. Fact vs opinion
5. Author’s purpose
6. Summarizing questions and steps to summarize informational text
If you have any questions feel free to leave me a question and I will respond ASAP.