Greece, Egypt, Mesopotamia, and the Maya have advanced to the Ancient Civilization Final Four this year! You can change the cultures or civilizations as needed. Students use their knowledge to justify who would win in a head to head battle to be named the Champion of the Ancient world. They need three facts per match-up in this cross cultural comparison assignment! I like to assign this in pairs for collaboration and communication about their reasoning and bring back older information in their mind for greater retention. This activity is fun and carries the spirit of March madness!
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged