Egyptian Daily Life Activity with Task Cards
Address the day-to-day events and practices of those who lived in Ancient Egypt
This activity allows students to move from topic to topic to gather information about the life and times
of the Ancient Egyptians
as an introduction to the times.
The cards could also be posted around the room as the key information for centers.
I laminate cards on construction paper backgrounds.
Cards can also be passed from table sets for classes that cannot handle movement!
Handout requires that students make comparisons
to our current lives and to make judgments about the ancient time period. Wrap up question/writing prompt is provided at end.
12 Topic Description Cards with vivid images for analysis
5 Additional Image Cards
12 Task Cards to add an interactive element
5 Student Pages including a writing prompt for wrap-up
Ancient Egypt Topics Covered:
Writing & Papyrus
Pottery & Art
Law & Punishment
Religion & Afterlife
Using the task cards is an optional part of this complete lesson, but adds a fun, interactive element! If you utilize the task cards, you will need to have string, linen strips, clay, salt, and a few other items available for student use!
Key NOT included since student responses may vary.
Complete product can be seen in the preview!
Take a look at the many resources included in my Ancient Egypt Complete Unit:
• Mapping the Lands of Ancient Egypt Activity
• Settlement of Ancient Egyptian Civilizations Archeology Dig
• Egyptian Daily Life Centers Activity with Optional Task Cards
• Riverboat Tour of Ancient Egyptian Monuments & Pharaohs
• Ancient Egypt Civilization Notes on Powerpoint
• Examining the Egyptian Pharaohs Meet & Greet Research Activity
• Ancient Egypt Timeline Activity
• Contributions of the Ancient Egyptians Mural Drawing Activity
• Ancient Egypt Building A Pyramid Group Activity
• Ancient Egypt Unit Plan w/ Bellringers, Exit Prompts, and Homework suggestions
• Egyptian Daily Life Open Response Prompt
• King Tut Bio Reading
• Contributions of Ancient Egyptians Open Response Writing Prompt
• Unit Study Guide
• Unit Test w/Answer Key
And be sure to shop my TpT Store for other great resources for Geography, U.S. History, World History, Classroom Management, Classroom Decor, and more!