This bundle is completely Google Ready! All of the assignments have been created in Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Docs and Google Draw. That means it's not just Google 1:1 Compatible, but all student answer text boxes, quizzes, and documents are ready to be used in your Google Classroom. You will be provided with links to over 40 assignments, notes, activities and assessments that are easy to share in ANY internet based class.
This Ancient Egypt packet has rigor, versatility, and fun! Check out the PREVIEW for a closer look!
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
• Government /Leadership
• Social Classes.
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically, and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Ancient Egypt bundle is divided into IV parts:
I. ANCIENT EGYPT NOTES, POWERPOINTS & CONTENT INSTRUCTION-
The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher-driven depending on teacher preference:
1. One Page Outlined Printable Notes with CLOZE notes Graphic Organizer
This has pre-made empty text boxes for your students to fill key vocabulary into!
2. Student Centered Online Reading Investigations (ORI) that are labeled and categorized with key concepts
Six student centered online reading investigations that are labeled and categorized with key concepts with fun graphic organizer options.
4. Google Slides Notes that can be used with the CLOZE Notes Graphic Organizer.
5. Ancient Egypt Geography Google Earth Exploration and Scavenger Hunt.
This bundle includes two assignment options, satellite map instructional slides, an interactive label the feature activity, a Google Earth Scavenger Hunt and a Google Forms quiz ready for your class!
6. Vocabulary of Ancient Egypt Vocabulary Set.
This bundle includes three assignment vocabulary options, review games, and a google forms quiz. The In Other Words class game has been converted to a student interactive drag the word to the proper definition activity.
7. Ancient Egypt Historical Snapshot.
This Ancient Egypt Close Reading includes an annotation guide, worksheet and graphic organizer based on the big ideas of social science with premade text boxes!
8. Ancient Egypt Introduction Investigation
This Ancient Egypt Introduction lesson has students view primary sources, maps, charts and pictures to analyze and predict what they will be learning in the unit. It also comes with a post unit reflection that is perfect for interactive notebooks!
9. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides. These also make a great student-centered review!
II. ANCIENT EGYPT ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS and LESSONS-
Current Engaging and interactive activities that have students process and remember information. This packet includes:
1. Hatchepsut Tweets her Followers
2. Hieroglyphic Common Core Reading and Writing. Students also decipher a message and write their own.
3. Ramesses the Great? YOU DECIDE! Common Core Information Text Reading and Writing. Students evaluate his achievements.
4. Common Core Writing Pre-Write and Template for a Perfect Informational Paragraph with iPAD App Writing Template and Rubric
5. Student centered Where in World Scavenger Hunt
6. Common Core Primary Source Quote Activities (5 to choose from)
7. Geography Postcard from Egypt assignment
8. Common Core Ancient Egyptian Pictograph Analysis Activity
9. Common Core "Chunk it Up" Textbook Analysis Activity
10. A Brand new class play/read aloud script with graphic organizer with pre-made fillable text boxes!!!
III. ANCIENT EGYPT REVIEW & GAMES:
1. A Brand New Digital Scrapbook Review
for students to review the key concepts for the unit in a mini visual research project!
2. Key Term Matching/Categorizing Printable with the "big Idea" key concepts for Social Studies.
3. Key Concept Graphic Organizers, Introduction Slides, and Inquiry Based Learning Writing Guides.
IV.ANCIENT EGYPT TEST & ASSESSMENT:
1. A content vocabulary quiz
2. A multiple choice editable Egypt Common Core Test
. Students read excerpts, support claims with evidence.
3. Egyptian achievements DBQ!
Please note that many of the readings and activities included in this bundle have been tweaked to fit a digital classroom environment. Hence, the product links in this description are provided to give the buyer a visual of the general content, but the activities are not always identical.
This packet is not just a random selection of readings with unclear outcome expectations. Students will build a framework for future learning with concepts that will be repeated throughout their academic careers! Have a great unit!
♥ ♥ ♥SAVE EVEN BIGGER by purchasing the entire year of activities, notes and Common Core lessons bundled together at a great price!
Instructomania, Pavlovich, Ancient Egypt Interactive notebook friendly
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.