Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.56 MB | 62 pages
This resource includes over 10 interactive notebook graphic organizers and 40 task cards for the study of ancient Egypt!
The Ancient Egypt Interactive Notebook Graphic Organizers
Interactive notebooks are an effective tool in the classroom. Not only can they assist students in keeping their work organized, but they are also an easy-to-access resource for reference throughout the year.
The Ancient Egypt Interactive Notebook is intended as a resource for late-elementary into middle school ages.
It includes 10 different graphic organizers and an answer key to help students organize the information you teach!
The file also includes pictures of every page in use!
1. Cover Page
2. Two vocabulary activities
3. The Geography of Egypt (tabs for physical features, water features, and the question: How did geography affect the lives of ancient Egyptians?)
4. Social Classes (a pyramid with 5 empty spaces)
5. The Nile River (tabs to record information about flooding and farming)
6. Family Life (tabs for recording information about the roles of men, women, and children)
7. The Pharaoh (tabs for roles as political leader, religious leader, and military leader)
8. The Pyramids (tabs for information on: How were the pyramids built?, Why were the pyramids built? What was kept inside pyramids? and The Great Pyramid)
9. Pocket folders to store index cards or other slips of papers covering the Egyptian empires (Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom, and New Kingdom). Also included is a blank pocket for your students to customize.
10. Egyptian Achievements (tabs for tools, architecture, trade, the arts, medicine, and writing)
11. A map of Egypt with major bodies of water filled in.
12. A completely blank map of the Egypt region. Use how you wish!
The Ancient Egypt Task Cards
Task cards are an effective resource in the classroom. These task cards can be used as part of group trivia games, entrance or exit slips, or as work for centers. The possibilities are truly endless!
Included in this resource:
1. A Note for the Teacher
2. 40 different task cards
3. Teacher answer key for every question
4. Blank cards for the teacher to write additional questions