Are you looking for a unit to teach Ancient Egypt? Look no further. This unit has it all. Try out the Ancient Egypt Unit with Lesson 1 “The Nile River” to see if it is a good fit for your students. Digital, printable, and interactive activities make this unit both engaging and flexible. Choose between printable activities or go paperless with digital resources that are compatible with Google Classroom.
The full Ancient Egypt Unit contains the following for each of its 9 lessons:
· vocabulary – A practice page for each lesson is include in both printable and digital versions.
· articles - Read an included article. Articles in both printable and digital versions are included.
· a Google Slides presentation for the teacher with facts to discuss the lesson’s article and embedded Youtube videos (135 slides)
· a Google Slides presentation for students - The presentation contains slides for students to practice lesson vocabulary, take notes on the lesson, and several interactive active slides where students drag words on a map, events on a timeline, and so on.
· a Google Forms quiz for each lesson (9 quizzes) + an end of the Unit Test
· hands-on activity suggestions including crafts and recipes
· A letter to Parents - This letter explains the unit project students complete at home.
· Project Grading Rubric
· Grading Rubric for the Unit
Lesson 1 – The Nile River
Lesson 2 – The Birth of the Egyptian Empire
Lesson 3 – Daily Life and the Structure of the Egyptian Society
Lesson 4 – Key Figures
Lesson 5 - Religion
Lesson 6 - Mummification
Lesson 7 - Pyramids
Lesson 8 – Papyrus and Hieroglyphs
Lesson 9 – The Rise and Fall of the Ancient Egyptian Empire
Day #10 – Unit Test and Projects
Check out the units in this series.
- Ancient Egypt Activities and Lessons - Digital + Printable Unit
- Ancient Egypt Lesson 1 The Nile River [FREE]
- Ancient Greece Activities and Lessons Digital + Printable Unit
- Ancient Greece Lesson 1 Ancient Greece Introduction [FREE]
- Ancient Rome Activities and Lesson Digital + Printable Unit
- Ancient Rome Lesson 1 Ancient Rome Introduction [FREE]