Also included in
- Ancient Civilizations Reading Comprehension Passages, Worksheets, Questions, and Annotations Bundle! This bundle contains 8 StudentSavvy Reading Passage & Expository Text Resources! It contains a total of 40 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annot$33.00$42.00Save $9.00
- Ancient Egypt Activities Resource Bundle!***Updates - 5 Reading Passages are now included in the bundle! - Digital & Print Board Game for Review now included! -Ancient Civilizations Curriculum Binders & Sample Pacing Guide for the Full School YearThis b$24.00$33.49Save $9.49
- Ancient Civilizations Complete Curriculum (PRINT & DIGITAL)This complete curriculum resource has over 1000+ pages/slides of material covering The Stone Age | Early Humans | Archaeology, Ancient Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Israel, Ancient India, Ancient China, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome. T$175.00$259.62Save $84.62
- ALL of the Reading Comprehension Passages in the StudentSavvy Store! Nonfiction **CURRENTLY 258 Passages!**-Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations--Both Print (PDF) & Digital Options (either in Google Slides or Easel by TpT) It contains Engaging, Non-Fiction Read$208.39$297.70Save $89.31
Ancient Egypt Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations
This resource is designed for an Ancient Mesopotamia unit. It contains 5 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annotations! Reading Comprehension Questions also included!
Questions & Answer Keys for Each of the 5 Reading Passages!
COMMON CORE ALIGNED!
Quick overview of topics covered in this resource include:
1.) The Two Lands of Ancient Egypt
-covers the layout of Ancient Egypt (Upper and Lower Egypt)
-flow of the Nile River
-black lands (fertile soil) and red lands (barren soil)
Keywords: Upper Egypt, Lower Egypt, Nile River, Black Lands, Red Lands
2.) Society & Social Structure of Ancient Egypt
-covers the social hierarchy (Pharaoh, Viziers/Priests/Nobles, Scribes, Merchants/Craftspeople, and Peasants/Servants)
-description of daily life and society
-influential pharaohs like Menes, Hatshepsut, and Ramses II
Keywords: Pharaoh, bureaucracy, vizier
3.) The Three Kingdoms of Ancient Egypt
-Ancient Egypt is divided into the three time periods (the Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom, and New Kingdom)
-significant events highlighted that occurred in each period. (Pyramids of Giza built during the beginning of the Old Kingdom)
Keywords: Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom, New Kingdom, dynasty, Pyramids of Giza
-description of the process in detail
Keywords: Ka, amulets, canopic jars
5.) Hieroglyphics & Hieratic Script
-description of each writing style and their differences
-the tools used to write
-description of how the Rosetta Stone assisted with the translation of hieroglyphics
Keywords: hieratic script, hieroglyphics, Rosetta Stone
You may also enjoy:
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now be able to see FREEBIES and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)