Teaching the Ancient Egyptians
Want to review content
with a fun and engaging resource?
Allow students to examine the greatest events of Egyptian civilization with this Timeline Activity.
Suggested teaching options are included allowing you to choose how students will collaborate in small groups, research for key content
on the most significant events
, produce timelines with annotations
, correct chronology
, and illustrations
to share with their classmates, and evaluate the events on their own notes and wrap-up sheets to determine the significance of the Egyptian civilization
Earliest settlement along the Nile
Unification by Narmer & Palette of Narmer created
Building of first stone pyramid
Building of Pyramids at Giza
Pharaoh Mentuhotep II reunifies region
Building of Temple of Karnak
Egyptian control of Nubia
Hyksos control of Delta region
Unification by Ahmose
Queen Hatshepsut’s rule
Pharaoh Akhenaten’s rule & religious changes
King Tut becomes young ruler of Egypt
Rule of Pharaoh Ramesses
Fall of Egypt to Alexander the Great
Reign & Death of Cleopatra
First use of Papyrus
Egyptian-Hittite Peace Treaty
Create of Faience
Use of Hieroglyphics
Practice the following Social Studies skills:
Also included is the graphic organizer for students to collect the information and wrap up questions for assessment.
Answer key is not provided since individual answers will vary, but a group grading rubric is included.
See complete resource in the PREVIEW!
This resource will work very well in a Ancient History Unit on the Ancient Egyptians.
It is also available as part of my Ancient Egypt Unit in my TpT Store!
Take a look at the many resources included in my Ancient Egypt Complete Unit:
• Mapping the Lands of Ancient Egypt Activity
• Settlement of Ancient Egyptian Civilizations Archeology Dig
• Egyptian Daily Life Centers Activity with Optional Task Cards
• Riverboat Tour of Ancient Egyptian Monuments & Pharaohs
• Ancient Egypt Civilization Notes on Powerpoint
• Examining the Egyptian Pharaohs Meet & Greet Research Activity
• Ancient Egypt Timeline Activity
• Contributions of the Ancient Egyptians Mural Drawing Activity
• Ancient Egypt Building A Pyramid Group Activity
• Ancient Egypt Unit Plan w/ Bellringers, Exit Prompts, and Homework suggestions
• Egyptian Daily Life Open Response Prompt
• King Tut Bio Reading
• Contributions of Ancient Egyptians Open Response Writing Prompt
• Unit Study Guide
• Unit Test w/Answer Key
And be sure to shop my TpT Store for other great resources for Geography, U.S. History, World History, Classroom Management, Classroom Decor, and more!