These 44 activities will capture the attention of your students and will keep them engaged throughout your lesson. These activities can be completed at any point in the lesson, as a way to engage your students when the bell rings, as a main activity of the lesson or as a way to wrap up your lesson in a meaningful way. The handouts are a great way for you to assess your students' knowledge about the content and their critical thinking skills.
Each of the activities focus on ancient Egypt. Each one comes with clip art that makes learning even more interesting and enjoyable! Students are asked questions that give them the opportunity to understand the point-of-view of ancient Egyptians and to practice perspective taking. Each question comes with a ½ sheet and full sheet option.
There are 44 different questions in the product and here is a small sampling (each one comes with clip art to make it more interesting for your students to complete):
1) Design a license plate for a pharaoh. The numbers, letters and design of the license plate should represent his or her experiences and accomplishments.
2) Design a commemorative stamp to honor the lives of Egyptian artisans.
3) On each sticky note, write a message to Egyptian peasants, reminding them of their roles and responsibilities throughout the year.
4) Design currency to represent Egyptian daily life and culture. Use a combination of colorful illustrations and phrases.
5) Design a colorful and detailed website showcasing the characteristics of Egyptian pyramids.
6) Write an email from one ancient Egyptian to another describing daily life during the Middle Kingdom.
7) Fill out the inbox below by imagining that ancient Egyptians had email.
The following topics are covered in the activities:
✓ Government officials
✓ Daily life & culture
✓ Old, Middle & New Kingdoms
Feel free to check out my related products:
Ancient Egypt Bundle
Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt: Talk Show
Ancient Egypt Newspaper Project
Timeline of Ancient Egypt
You can earn discounts on future TpT purchases by providing feedback on your purchases. The more products you rate, the more credits you accrue and the more money you save on future purchases.