This Ancient Egypt packet has rigor, versatility and fun! Now, this Bundle is a COMPLETE UNIT, with brand new Common Core assessments! Check out the PREVIEW for a closer look!
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
• Government /Leadership
• Social Classes.
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically, and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Ancient Egypt bundle is divided into IV parts:
I. ANCIENT EGYPT NOTES, POWERPOINTS & CONTENT INSTRUCTION-
The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher driven depending on teacher preference:
1. One Page Outlined Printable Notes with Graphic Organizer
2. Student Centered Reading Stations that are labeled and categorized with key concepts
3. Folding Graphic Organizer for Notes and Stations.
4. PowerPoint Notes that can be used with the Printable Notes Graphic Organizer.
5. Geography of Egypt Mini Bundle.
This bundle includes seven geography lesson choices for both student centered learning and direct instruction.
6. Vocabulary of Ancient Egypt Vocabulary Set.
This bundle includes three assignment vocabulary options, review games and class games.
7. Ancient Egypt Historical Snapshot.
This Ancient Egypt Close Reading includes an annotation guide, worksheet and graphic organizer based on the big ideas of social science!
8. Ancient Egypt Introduction Investigation
This Ancient Egypt Introduction lesson has students view primary sources, maps, charts and pictures to analyze and predict what they will be learning in the unit. It also comes with a post unit reflection that is perfect for interactive notebooks!
9. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
II. ANCIENT EGYPT ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS and LESSONS-
Current Engaging and interactive activities that have students process and remember information. This packet includes:
1. Hatchepsut Tweets her Followers
2. Hieroglyphic Common Core Reading and Writing. Students also decipher a message and write their own.
3. Ramesses the Great? YOU DECIDE! Common Core Information Text Reading and Writing. Students evaluate his achievements.
4. Common Core Writing Pre-Write and Template for a Perfect Informational Paragraph with iPAD App Writing Template and Rubric
5. Common Core Aligned Research Project Packet and Activity (6 ideas and Templates with the SAME rubric!)
6. Student Centered Physical Geography Map
7. Student centered Where in World Scavenger Hunt
8. Common Core Primary Source Quote Activities (5 to choose from)
9. Geography Postcard from Egypt assignment
10. Common Core Ancient Egyptian Pictograph Analysis Activity
11. Common Core "Chunk it Up" Textbook Analysis Activity
12. A Brand new class play/read aloud script with graphic organizer!!!
III. ANCIENT EGYPT REVIEW & GAMES:
1. A Storyboard Assignment
2. Key Term Matching/Categorizing Printable with the "big Idea" key concepts for Social Studies.
3. Key Academic Vocabulary Games
IV.ANCIENT EGYPT TEST & ASSESSMENT:
1. A content vocabulary quiz
2. A multiple choice editable Egypt Common Core Test
. Students read excerpts, support claims with evidence.
3. Egyptian achievements DBQ!
This packet is not just a random selection of readings with unclear outcome expectations. Students will build a framework for future learning with concepts that will be repeated throughout their academic careers! Have a great unit!
♥ ♥ ♥SAVE EVEN BIGGER by purchasing the entire year of activities, notes and Common Core lessons bundled together at a great price!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________ The Egypt Bundle is also available in a digital classroom format the works great in any internet based or paperless class including Google Classroom! The digital version includes Google Forms assessments, interactive Google Slides digital activities that have premade textboxes, and Google Earth/Maps activities.
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.