Your students will learn about Egyptian inventions, hieroglyphics, mummification, King Tut, the pyramids, the Great Sphinx, and gods & goddesses with these social studies activities.
This product includes:
- Match the picture to the Ancient Egyptian invention (clock, sundial, paper, 365-day calendar)
- All about hieroglyphics flipbook
- Write your own hieroglyphics on a cartouche with key
- All about mummification flipbook
- King Tut reading passage and questions
- Sequence the steps of mummification
- All about the Pyramids of Giza sort
- All about the Great Sphinx flip circle
- Match the Egyptian god & goddess to the description
- Ancient Egypt and your life today Venn diagram flipbook
What is included?
You will receive a PDF that includes directions, real-life images, answer keys, and flippable templates.
What makes these different than other interactive notebooks?
- Differentiated: This product is also differentiated for the needs and learners in your classroom, as well as your own time restraints. It includes three types of notebook pieces that allow you to choose whether your students will manually fill in the notes, fill-in-the-blanks, or to give pieces to students with the notes already filled out.
- Easy to cut: These resources are easy to cut - no trying to cut a tiny heart out for half an hour! A couple snips and students are good to go.
- Paper-saving: each piece of paper printed will be cut in half for two students.
This products covers Virginia VA SOLs:
SOL 3.1: The student will demonstrate skills for historical thinking, geographical analysis, economic decision making, and responsible citizenship by
SOL 3.1c: interpreting charts, graphs, and pictures to determine characteristics of people, places, or events in world cultures;
SOL 3.1g: explaining connections across time and place;
SOL 3.1j: accessing a variety of media, including online resources
SOL 3.2: The student will explain how the contributions of ancient China and Egypt have influenced the present world in terms of architecture, inventions, the calendar, and written language.
Please email me with any questions at Kelly@Glitterinthird.com if you need more information!
Interested in more social studies interactive notebooks from Glitter in Third?
Levels of government
Pledge of Allegiance
Rights & responsibilities
Rules & laws
Ancient China economics
Ancient Egypt economics
Ancient Greece economics
Ancient Mali economics
Ancient Rome economics
Bartering & money
Capital, human, & natural resources
Economic choice, opportunity cost, scarcity
Goods & services
Producers & consumers
Wants & needs
Ancient China geography
Ancient Egypt geography
Ancient Greece geography
Ancient Mali geography
Ancient Rome geography
Equator & Prime Meridian
Oceans & continents
Map skills & reading a map
United States geography
People & cultures
Ancient China culture & contributions
Ancient Egypt culture & contributions
Ancient Greece culture & contributions
Ancient Mali culture & contributions
Ancient Rome culture & contributions
Introduction to American Indians
Lakota & Great Plains tribes
Powhatan & Eastern Woodlands tribes
Pueblo & Southwest tribes