Also included in
- Ancient Civilizations Reading Comprehension Passages, Worksheets, Questions, and Annotations Bundle! This bundle contains 8 StudentSavvy Reading Passage & Expository Text Resources! It contains a total of 40 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annot$33.00$42.00Save $9.00
- Ancient Greece Activities Resource Bundle!***Updates: - 5 Reading Passages are now included in the bundle!- Digital & Print Board Game for Review now included!-Ancient Civilizations Curriculum Binders & Sample Pacing Guide for the Full School YearThis bundled product contains the following 7$24.00$32.73Save $8.73
- Ancient Civilizations Complete Curriculum (PRINT & DIGITAL)This complete curriculum resource has over 1000+ pages/slides of material covering The Stone Age | Early Humans | Archaeology, Ancient Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Israel, Ancient India, Ancient China, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome. T$175.00$259.62Save $84.62
- ALL of the Reading Comprehension Passages in the StudentSavvy Store! Nonfiction **CURRENTLY 258 Passages!**-Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations--Both Print (PDF) & Digital Options (either in Google Slides or Easel by TpT) It contains Engaging, Non-Fiction Read$208.39$297.70Save $89.31
Ancient Greece Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations
This resource is designed for an Ancient Greece unit. It contains 5 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annotations! Reading Comprehension Questions also included!
Questions & Answer Keys for Each of the 5 Reading Passages!
COMMON CORE ALIGNED! Aligned with
Quick overview of topics covered in this resource include:
1.) The Minoan and Mycenaean Civilizations of Ancient Greece
-Describes timelines, locations, and a brief overview of history of the two civilizations
Minoan Civilization (2700-1450 BC) on the Island of Crete
-Bronze Age Civilization
Mycenaean Civilization (1600-1100 BC) monarchies built on hills
-Comparison to past civilizations (Mesopotamia, Egypt, China)
-Describes Ancient Greece landscape – located on three bodies of water (Mediterranean Sea, the Ionian Sea, and the Aegean Sea)
Keywords: Minoan, Mycenaean, monarchies, Bronze Age Civilization
2.) The Dark Ages Describes daily life during the Dark Ages – Economy and society falling apart after the Bronze Age.
-Describes what might have caused the collapse
-Describes why historians referred to this period as the Dark Ages
3.) Ancient Greek Olympics
-Describes how it was a series of athletic competitions among city-states.
-held every four years, known as an “Olympiad”
-describes the Ancient Greek Olympic sports (chariot racing, discus, javelin, etc.)
-provides a comparison with present day Olympics
Keywords: Olympiad, Olympic Games, chariot
4.) Daily Life in Athens
-Describes daily life and structure of society for Athenians and City-States (Polis)
-Describes Athenian Government in 500 BC
-Describes political ideas and forward ways of thinking
Keywords: Polis, democracy, Athenian Assembly, oligarchy, democracy
5.) Spartan Warriors and the Peloponnesian War -Description of how Spartans were trained at an early age in the military (taken from their family and sent away to become soldiers)
-Physical fitness seen as highly important
-Forward thinking in some aspects – Spartan women were educated and had rights of owning property.
-Demonstrates contrast, they were also barbaric and had a high slave population
Keywords: helots, ephors
You may also enjoy:
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now be able to see FREEBIES and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)