Ancient Greece Stations, Parthenon Accordion Book, Ancient Greece Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Ancient Civilizations Bundle includes 6 resources for teaching Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, Ancient India, Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. Each resource includes learning activities to help students learn about each civilization’s geography, religion, achievements, politics, econPrice $44.99Original Price $49.94Save $4.95
This resource contains six ancient Greece learning stations that students can rotate through in small groups. Each learning station (or center) is designed to give students engaging and exciting learning experiences to practice, enrich, review, and enhance their learning. Students will visit each station with a small group and complete ancient Greece activities.
Here’s the fun part! During the learning stations, students will create an accordion book to showcase their learning. They’ll “build” foldable parts of a Parthenon accordion book while they progress through the stations. Then, when they complete all their work, they’ll put together the accordion book to showcase their learning in a fun and interactive way!
Working both independently and with their small groups, students will have multiple opportunities to develop their understanding of ancient Greece while they investigate its geography, religion, accomplishments, politics, economics, and society.
ABOUT THE LEARNING STATIONS:
The ancient Greece learning centers or stations are based on the Common Core elements for Social Studies: Geography, Religion, Achievements, Politics/Government, Economy, and Society
- Station 1: Geography - Students learn about the geography of ancient Greece as they label and color in a map & complete guided notes.
- Station 2: Religion - At this station students learn about the religion of ancient Greece. First, they’ll read a passage. Then, students will doodle icons for Greek deities.
- Station 3: Achievements - Students read a series of reading cards to learn about 6 of ancient Greece’s significant achievements. Then, they collect facts to add to a chart.
- Station 4: Politics - Students will learn about the Greek government in their small groups. Then, they’ll use their knowledge to piece together facts that have been separated.
- Station 5: Economy - At this station students will learn about the economy of ancient Greece. They’ll answer questions and even design currency for a city-state.
- Station 6: Society - Students will learn about the class structure in ancient Greece’s civilization. They’ll fill in guided notes and complete a social class chart.
- All Stations: Vocabulary – Students will travel with a vocabulary tracker to each learning station. They’ll collect critical vocabulary and record the definitions as they work.
ABOUT THE INTERACTIVE PARTHENON ACCORDION BOOK
Students will easily create a Parthenon accordion book. Each page that they complete during the learning centers will be glued together to create the book. Then, they’ll add a Parthenon cover and end page to make an expandable display of their learning! The accordion books make awesome classroom displays and easily fold to fit inside students’ folders!
INCLUDED IN THIS DETAILED RESOURCE:
- This resource is absolutely turn-key! Everything you need is included!
- Station Implementation Guide
- Station Grade Tracker
- Station Vocabulary Worksheet
- Station Table Labels (6)
- Teacher Resources - Detailed Station Overview and Set-Up Guides (7)
- Station Materials (reading passages, directions, reading cards, maps, student directions, station pieces, accordion book worksheets)
- Step-by-Step guide for make the Parthenon accordion book
- Keys (for all station activities)
You might also like...
- Geography Doodle Vocabulary – 50 Words!
- - Ancient Egypt Learning Stations and Interactive Sphinx Poster
- Reading, Analyzing, Researching, Presenting
- - Black and Gold
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
*** Click to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter filled with
Brain Waves Instruction