Also included in
- Are you in need of a cross-curricular, rigorous, and engaging Ancient Civilizations curriculum that your students will love? Ancient Civilizations and World History Complete Curriculum (PRINT & DIGITAL)This complete curriculum resource has over 1500+ pages/slides of material covering The Stone A$195.00$324.37Save $129.37
- Ancient India Activities Resource Bundle!**New Updates - 5 Reading Passages are now included in the bundle! - Digital & Print Board Game for Review now included!-Ancient Civilizations Curriculum Binders & Sample Pacing Guide for the Full School Year This bundled product contains the followin$28.00$40.23Save $12.23
- Ancient Civilizations & World History Reading Comprehension Passages, Worksheets, Questions, and Annotations Bundle! This bundle contains 8 StudentSavvy Reading Passage & Expository Text Resources! It contains a total of 40 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Direction$33.00$42.00Save $9.00
- ALL of the Reading Comprehension Passages in the StudentSavvy Store! Nonfiction **CURRENTLY 258 Passages!**-Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations--Both Print (PDF) & Digital Options (either in Google Slides or Easel by TpT) It contains Engaging, Non-Fiction Read$190.00$291.21Save $101.21
Ancient India Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations
This resource is designed for an Ancient India unit. It contains 5 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annotations! Reading Comprehension Questions also included!
Questions & Answer Keys for Each of the 5 Reading Passages!
COMMON CORE ALIGNED! Aligned with Ancient India - Interactive Notebook
Quick overview of topics covered in this resource include:
1.) The Indus Valley Civilization of Ancient India
-Describes lifestyle, society, and inventions (drainage system, iron plow, and Sanskirt writing system)
-Describes how the winter and summer monsoons (seasonal winds) impacted their farming
-(also known as Harappan Civilization or Period)
-Describes the four major varnas (social categories) in Aryan society role in economy and daily life, also building around a river valley similar to Ancient Mesopotamia’s Fertile Crescent)
Keywords: Sanskirt, Aryans, monsoon
2.) The Buddha: Siddhartha Gautama
-Describes his upbringing (born a prince) and his awareness of the pain of others compared to his privileged existence.
-His quest for enlightenment (sitting under the bodhi tree and meditation) becoming awakened
-What he learned and his teachings
Keywords: Buddhism, Bodhi tree (fig tree)
3.) Caste System In Ancient India
-Description of the four major varnas (social categories) in Aryan society
(Brahmin, Kshatriyas, Vaisyas, Sudras) and what their daily lives consisted of
-Describes Jati (how Caste is determined by birth)
Keywords: Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaisyas, Sudras, Caste System, Untouchables
4.) Hinduism and Buddhism: A Comparison
-Describes the important components of Hinduism (karma, reincarnation, dharma, gods & goddesses)
-Describes the important concepts of Buddhism
-Compares and contrasts the two religions
Keywords: reincarnation, karma, dharma, nirvana
5.) Advancements in Ancient India
-Contributions to astronomy
- Documents the occurrences of eclipses, the Earth’s circumference, and even theories about gravitational pull.
-Building of religious structures, pillars, stupas, and rock chambers
Keywords: pillar, stupa, rock chamber, gravitational pull, astronomy
You may also enjoy:
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now be able to see FREEBIES and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)