Students will learn about the Indus Valley Civilization in a fun and engaging way.
The resource includes a guide with 6 activities for students to complete as they explore an online website. The website consists of student-friendly summaries, ancient artifacts, interactive activities, and a video!
Students will learn:
1. When and where the Indus Valley civilization began.
2. The importance of the Indus river for the early civilization
3. The organization of Ancient Indian cities
4. The achievements of the Harappa, Kalibanahan, Mohenjo-Daro & Lothal cities.
5. Was the Indus Valley a peaceful place?
6. Compare city planning in Ancient India to Modern USA.
Your students will need internet access for this activity. 1:1 devices or lab space is required. Students would be able to complete the activities with partners if devices are limited.
Preview the website here
Answer key included!
Ancient India Webquest Part 2: Everyday Life in the Indus Valley