Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
We created this activity set to ensure that the correct definitions are learned in thoughtful, fun, and engaging ways. These SIX interactive definition activities and games in this mini-bundle are completely textbook independent and the words and definitions are editable! ALL assignments are printable or in Google apps! It comes with:
1. An editable word and definition sheet with 12-16 words that are both academic and content-driven.
2. A Vocabulary Connections assignment- Students are required to make meaning by re-phrasing the definition provided, create a synonym or antonym, and make a connection with other words in the list by drawing or writing (an example is included on the sheet).
3. A Rephrase It activity- Students write the word and definition as provided and re-phrase it using their own words. The Google app version has students drag the word to the proper definition, then they rephrase it.
4. A Hand-Jive activity- Students create a hand motion for each definition and explain how the motion expressed the word. This is a great paired or group assignment that is always fun to share!
5. A Zig-Zag Definitions activity- Students write, define, and draw pictures for words in a fun- doodle designed graphic organizer.
6. A FUN PowerPoint/Google Slides driven definition WORD SWAT class game that is easy to operate and engaging! My students love this game!
LOOK at these related products which are available at a DISCOUNTED bundle price!
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum, you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
Tony Pavlovich, Feudal Japan, Definitions