CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
• Government /Leadership
• Social Classes.
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically, and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Ancient Mesopotamia bundle is divided into IV parts:
I. ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIA NOTES, POWERPOINTS & CONTENT INSTRUCTION-
The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher driven depending on teacher preference:
1. Two Page Outlined Printable Notes with Graphic Organizer
2. Student Centered Reading Stations that are labeled and categorized with key concepts
3. Folding Graphic Organizer for Notes and Stations.
4. PowerPoint Notes that can be used with the Printable Notes Graphic Organizer.
5. Ancient Mesoptamia Geography Mini-Bundle.
This bundle includes two assignment options,a satellite map instructional PowerPoint and a fun class game.
6. Mesopotamia Vocabulary Mini-Bundle.
This bundle includes three assignment vocabulary options, review games and class games.
7. Ancient Mesopotamia Historical Snapshot.
This Ancient Mesopotamia Close Reading includes an annotation guide, worksheet and graphic organizer based on the big ideas of social science!
8. Mesopotamia Introductory Investigation
This lesson is a great introduction and has a summative piece. Students analyze visuals, primary source excerpts and map to make predictions about the content they will learn about.
II. ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIA ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS & LESSONS-
Current Engaging and interactive activities that have students process and remember information. This packet includes:
1. Ancient Mesopotamia Stations
Includes graphic organizers, answer keys, worksheets and lesson plan ideas.
2. Ramesses the Great? Ancient Egypt Common Core Writing and Literacy Activity
3. Write Like a Sumerian! Cuneiform in Mesopotamia Common Core Writing and Literacy
4. Common Core Writing Pre-Write and Template for a Perfect Informational Paragraph with iPAD App Writing Template and Rubric
5. Common Core Aligned Research Project Packet and Activity (6 ideas and Templates with the SAME rubric!)
6. Hammurabi's Code Common Core Writing and Literacy Primary Source Activity
7. Sumerian Selfie Instagram Post Ancient Mesopotamia Leadership Activity
8. Student centered Where in World Scavenger Hunt
9. Common Core Primary Source Quote Activities (5 to choose from)
10. Geography Postcard from Mesopotamia and Geography blog assignments.
11. A brand new class play/read aloud script with graphic organizer!!!
III. ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIA REVIEW & GAMES-
1. A Storyboard Assignment
2. Key Term Matching/Categorizing Printable with the "big Idea" key concepts for Social Studies.
3. Key Concept Vocabulary Review Games
IV. ANCIENT MESOPOTAMIA TESTS & ASSESSMENTS-
1. A multiple choice editable Common Core test. Students read excerpts, support claims with evidence!
This packet is not just a random selection of readings with unclear outcome expectations. Students will build a framework for future learning with concepts that will be repeated throughout their academic careers! Have a great unit!
♥♥♥SAVE BIG! Buy the entire year of Ancient History Lesson Plans in a discounted ANCIENT HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE
Copyright © Instructomania. All rights reserved by author and company. This product intended for personal and classroom use by the original purchaser. It is prohibited to distribute to other teachers, departments, school, or district. This product may not be distributed or posted digitally for public view on websites without password protection. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).